Monday, February 21, 2011

Heartbreak

  We were not prepared for what the doctors told us. I could feel a lump coming up in my throat, and the smiles that were on our faces quickly turned to worried looks and our eyes began to fill up with tears. I immediatly went thru so many emotions at once. I was so hurt and angry! I did't know why this was happening to us! NO, not us! My life has never been easy, I already had my share of grief, how could God put this on me, I know I'm not strong enough for this!  Is it something I did, during this prgnancy? My husband's family health history was full of heart disease, is he to blame? What does this mean? Where is the doctor? Why are we in this room by ourselves all of a sudden? What's going on???
  Finally, a half an hour later, a nurse came in and told us to call and confirm our appointment with UVA hospital.  I then had to wash my face, and walk the walk of shame thru the lobby of a waiting room full of happy expecting mothers who seemed to stare at me as I walked as fast as I could out the front door, obvisiouly upset trying to hide under the hood of my jacket as much as possible. My husband behind me, trying to explain to my mother that we would explain everything in the car. My son there.  My world will never be the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment