Monday, February 21, 2011

A Sign

  That Sunday before my schedualed procedure, I felt lead to go to church.  It took some heavy conviencing, but I got my husband to go as well.  I went with intentions of asking God to be with me, and speak to my heart, to help guide me, and to reassure that we were doing the right thing.  The pastor started to speak on God having a plan for everyone, she went on to say that before we were born we had a purpose. That God had designed a plan for each and every one of us. That it was up to us to fulfill our purpose. And I then knew that my daughter had a better fate than the one we had planned for her. That she too has a purpose, and that it's my job to make sure she fulfills her purpose!
  One of the hardest things I've ever had to do was to explain to my husband that I had changed my mind. That I wanted my daughter to have a chance, no matter what, she deserved at least a chance.  He told me I was ripping his heart back open, and what he thought we had settled was back up for discussion. We argued and cried and I thought he would never change his mind. Then after becoming emotionally drained, and seperating myself from him, he came into the room, and said, "...I'm with you, let's give her a chance!" I couldn't have hugged him tighter! I instantly felt relieved! I realized the decision was never mine, it was always up to God.  I decieded that everything that happens from this day forth, I WILL leave up to God! I lay it at his feet, and I will accept it! I know now that this IS my path! I also know that he will be with every step of the way!
  I called UVA first thing monday morning, and was so happy to announce that we had changed our minds.  It was the most memorable VALENTINE"S DAY I know that I will cherish for the rest of my life!!  It's the day that God saved Aaliyah's heart, by speaking to mine!!
  I don't know what the future holds, I know we will go thru what we have to thru, but it's comforting to know that God will be there with us thru the whole journey. Keep us in your prayers!

4 comments:

  1. You made the best decision you'll ever make. Life is such a gift and whatever lies ahead will only make you stronger. We'll keep Aaliyah in our prayers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget I am here for you (((you)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tonya!
    You don't know me, I found your blog while searching HLHS at UVA. I am expecting a little girl also, she also as HLHS, and although I couldn't quite figure out by your blogs just when you are due, it sounds like we are almost due at the same time! We might even see eachother in the NICU. We should keep in touch! I am due June 23rd, how bout you?
    Hang in there!
    Blessings,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gina I woould love to keep in touch, I am due June 16th but they expect me to go earlier than that, but yes I expect we will run into each other at the NICU. Hope you are doing well, my pregnancy has been a lil challenging, but I'm hanging in there. Good luck to you and your family,God bless! my emai:specialtbv@gmx.com

    ReplyDelete